Welcome to the best of The Pod page. I love to educate and inspire the community with great tips and helpful information. No matter what you are looking for, you will find it on this page. I cover a wide range of topics to help you in both your personal and professional lives. Check out the twenty most popular posts on the site this past year. Read them all at once or bookmark this page and come back later, it’s up to you! Enjoy!
1. *OUR MOST POPULAR POST* Beginner’s Guide to Social Media Management – If you are considering a career in social media or online marketing or have a strong desire to effectively use social media marketing in your business, then the information in this post will be extremely valuable to you. It is a combination of training materials which I have spent the past several years curating in addition to my own notes and tips mixed in along the way.
2. 7 Creative Ways for Kids to Use Their Imagination – Learning experiences don’t just come from the classroom. Children also need time to play and freely explore the world around them. Children who are encouraged to use their imagination are often more engaged in learning, are better problem solvers, and typically have better reading and writing skills. Fortunately for parents, there are many ways to inspire children to use their imaginations. Some of them can be found here.
3. 15 Kick Ass Ways to Build Your Email List – A list of engaged email subscribers is worth its weight in gold for marketers and business owners alike! It is one of the most effective and reliable marketing resources. Get some great ideas for starting or growing your email list here.
As most parents know, when traveling with children you will most likely need a vacation from your vacation. Cramped living quarters, long days, and a few misguided expectations can certainly cause stress and anxiety. But I can promise you it’s worth the effort. Some of my most cherished memories are those spent on vacation with loved ones. Exploring new places and trying new things is a fantastic way to forge a family bond. And believe it or not, it can be enjoyable if you know how to travel well. Using a few of these tips, you will feel like a pro no matter how and where you are traveling.
5. Cleaning Checklist: 30 Day Spring Challenge – I have created this simple 30 day roomy-by-room spring cleaning checklist to help guide you in completing this project. Depending on the amount of time you have to devote each day, you may not necessarily want to complete each task in order but instead will want to do your best to complete one task each day so that you can stay on track with your cleaning plan. So turn on the music, open the windows, print the checklist from this best of The Pod page, and let’s get started!
6. Personal Finance 101: Practical Money Tips – Remember when we were young and could not wait to grow up?! What were we thinking, right? As it turns out, adulthood is full of responsibilities and obligations. One of the first responsibilities you will face as an adult is managing your personal finances. Hit the link for some of the best advice on personal finance management!
7. Savings: Creative Ways to Keep Cash – Whether you want to be a millionaire or simply want to stop living paycheck to paycheck, there are some surprisingly easy (and creative) ways to begin saving money. What could a nest egg do for you? What if you had enough to go back to school or start a new business? How would financial security feel to you? Try out a few of these ideas today!
8. The BEST Beauty Tips & Tricks – Is it bad that I still refer to this post on a regular basis to try new tips and tricks over a YEAR later? This post is jam packed with over FIFTY great tips. Easiest way to curl your hair? Check! Tips for a long lasting manicure? Check! The correct way to contour your face? Check! Everything from skincare tips to makeup tricks to haircare hints, it’s here!
9. 13 Tips for Saving $1300 on Your Grocery Bill This Year – It can be a struggle to feed a large family on a small budget, especially if you are health conscious and prefer to buy organic. However, with a little planning and effort, it is possible to shave money off of your grocery budget. What would you do with an extra $1300 in your pocket? Check out some of my best tips right here.
10. Suck Less at Budgeting – In one of my favorite posts on the best of The Pod page, guest blogger, Matt Smelser, teaches the ins and outs of personal finance and everything you need to get your budget on track. Matt even provides a few real life budgeting examples to get you started.
11. Top 25 Drug Store Makeup Finds Under $15 – If you buy makeup, wear makeup, or just love saving money on great products, this is the list for you! Get your sponges and brushes ready…
12. 8 Great DIY Gifts for Mother’s Day – In this post, I have rounded up some of the most beautiful and heartwarming DIY gifts for mom that you can find anywhere. These ideas are great for Mother’s Day or any of day you want to show Mom some extra appreciation.
13. National Beauty Month: The Top 5 Homemade Sugar Scrubs for Body – I absolutely love these recipes. They are inexpensive, easy to make, and leave your skin feeling (and smelling) fantastic. Not to mention that the sugar used in the recipes is much less harsh on your skin than most salt scrubs. Check these out now! You can thank me later 🙂
14. How To Become A Master at Family Meal Planning – Are you looking for ways to save on your family’s grocery budget? Do you want to reduce some of the stress involved in getting meals on the dinner table? This helpful post not only gives you the best tips on how to effectively plan meals but also provides you with delicious meal ideas to help save time when you are starting out. Use this guide to help plan healthy meals and snacks for the whole family.
15. 31 Cheap and Brilliant Dollar Store Hacks – Everyone who knows me knows that I have had a long time addiction to the dollar store. Stores like the Dollar Tree and Michael’s are like my Toys R Us. I light up like a child when I walk in the doors. Call me crazy but they have so many great finds; and since they are all affordable you are only limited by your creativity. Check out this post for some cheap and easy DIY ideas that look like they are from a high-end store. Bookmark this best of The Pod page and come back later to make these!
16. Wedding Inspiration: How to Save Money & Your Sanity – It’s no secret that weddings can be very expensive. Five and six figure wedding costs are not outside the norm for the big day. Especially for those couples who are footing the bill themselves. However, most people aren’t willing (or able) to go into debt in order to have their dream wedding. So what can you do? There are tons of ways to be financially frugal when it comes to planning the wedding that you want. Try out some of these great tips to put money back into your pocket.
17. Stop the Vacation Blues, Save More Green – Arghhh!! Are you already hyperventilating just thinking about the cost of planning a family vacation? Do you feel torn between making family memories and not blowing the household budget on a vacation? With a little planning and effort, it is possible to have a wonderful and relatively inexpensive family vacation. With that said, I have compiled some of my best money saving travel and vacation tips. From dining to lodging to entertainment, save big bucks on your next vacation without sacrificing the family budget.
18. Top 10 Most Popular Theme Parties for Kids – The things we do for our kids! Am I right?! Make your little one’s birthday wishes come true with party ideas from this great slideshow. Pirates, Clowns, and Wizards, oh my!
19. 5 Lessons You’ll Learn AFTER Becoming A Parent – You know your date nights will be numbered and you’re going to lose sleep, but what about the changes you don’t hear about every day? What about the subtle ways in which becoming a parent will change your life? Check out this post for the five biggest (but not talked about) ways your life will change after becoming a parent.
20. Identity theft: Ways to Avoid Becoming A Victim – Identity theft is a crime that is estimated to affect over 9 million Americans per year. Therefore, it would be wise for individuals to take steps to protect themselves from falling victim to this very large, and growing, segment of crime. In one of the newest posts on the best of The Pod page, learn how to protect yourself from identity theft with these basic tips.
* This page was last updated on 11/12/16.